Comprehensive software reviews to make better IT decisions
New Updates for Alcatel-Lucent’s Rainbow
On July 2, 2020, Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise gave a briefing of new updates to their UCaaS offering, Rainbow. Rainbow is available worldwide, with its key industries centering on government and healthcare.
There are three major areas where Rainbow is being updated. These include aesthetics, video conferencing, and time management.
- Customizable layout, including the ability to switch the layout to read from right-to-left – an excellent feature that supports languages with that writing system.
- New iconography, with the tool bar shifted to the left-hand side of the app interface.
- Dark mode.
- Meeting capacity is expanding from 50 to 120 participants.
- During meetings, up to 12 video streams can all appear at once. You can choose which of those 12 streams you would like to see.
- Introduction of “simulcast” – a feature that automatically adjusts video quality based on network strength and layout of video streams.
- The ability to host webinars is coming soon.
- New analytic reporting that looks at the talking times of meeting participants.
- Rainbow integrates with Office 365, including Outlook for calendaring.
- Admins can restrict certain features of Rainbow (e.g. third-party apps).
- The help center optimization feature is coming soon to help end users navigate the app.
Source: Alcatel-Lucent Rainbow Score at SoftwareReviews. Accessed July 2, 2020.
As the UCaaS marketspace continues to grow, organizations now have greater choice between different services. Rainbow may not offer the bells and whistles, but it certainly meets most requirements for organizations at a reasonable price. Indeed, according to SoftwareReviews’ product scorecard, while Rainbow is ranked 7 out of 11 UCaaS vendors for quality of features, 94% of customers would still renew.
Certainly, a significant aspect of this renewal rate concerns Rainbow’s Emotional Footprint score. SoftwareReviews reports that 92% of Rainbow customers had positive sentiments and 0% had negative sentiments. For new customers to the marketspace that are looking for a straightforward product to implement, Rainbow should at least appear on the shortlist.
Want to Know More?
This post provides a review of Zoom’s 2023 conference, Zoomtopia 2023. Core aspects covered include what major product releases and upgrades Zoom announced at Zoomtopia 2023, and what these announcements mean for Zoom’s market positioning in 2024.
Zoho, a multinational software and web-based business tool provider, has announced the launch of Trident – a hub that brings Zoho’s pre-existing and new unified communications capabilities into a single pane of glass. How will Trident’s addition to Workplace impact customer migrations from Microsoft and Google.
To revitalize and strengthen business transformation, Avaya has outlined a five-step plan for restructuring its product lines, go-to-market strategy, and balance sheet. This tech note evaluates these five steps, highlighting the main contingencies for each step’s successful rollout.
This note highlights the top three trends to watch for in the 2022 UCaaS marketspace: AR/VR digital workspaces will see sustained investment; UCaaS and customer experience management technologies will continue to blend; and speech functionality will become more sophisticated through AI-driven technology.
Enterprise Connect is North America’s premier conference for advances in communications, collaboration, and customer experience technologies. In this note, Thomas Randall provides his trends and keynote highlights for Enterprise Connect 2021, held September 27 to 29.
On August 24, 2021, Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise briefed its Q2 performance for FY21. Q2 saw positive revenue growth of 11.4% YoY, delivering 20% against the previous year.
On July 14, NEC and Intermedia briefed Info-Tech about their ongoing partnership and continuing global rollout of UNIVERGE BLUE.
On May 24, 2021, Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise (ALE) briefed on its Q1 performance for FY21. FY20 saw ALE’s global revenues impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, and these effects continue to ripple into FY21. While global cloud sales continue to dominate, alongside a strong quarter in China, global revenue was down 5% year-over-year (YoY).
On April 28, 2021, Windstream briefed Info-Tech on its UCaaS portfolio, which includes their primary pure cloud offering, OfficeSuite UC, alongside their other solutions powered by Avaya and Mitel.