Vendor Landscape: Legacy Software Modernization
November 26, 2013: Please note that this report will not be refreshed within the foreseeable future as the information within remains accurate and reflects the current market.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- Executives around the world, in all sectors of the economy are facing the realization that their legacy systems can no longer be ignored. As the developers responsible for maintaining these technological dinosaurs retire from the workforce, businesses need to start acting proactively to modernize their aging systems.
- Early attempts to modernize legacy systems were fraught with disastrous outcomes due to the lack of technological capability to assist with the process of transformation. This created a situation where many executives would rather accept the ever spiralling cost of continuing to run their legacy systems rather than risk career ending failure.
- Standards have been formed from the Object Management Group (OMG) along with tools conforming to the standards, methods, and technologies that greatly increase the success rate of today’s transformations.
- Automated techniques and tools using an architecture-driven approach have been created and are seeing huge successes causing many legacy owners to take notice and engage one of the included vendors to transform their applications, data, and platforms.
- Of the vendors evaluated, BluePhoenix was the vendor all other vendors agreed was the competition, as well; they offered the most complete service associated with legacy modernization, including testing and training of the client development resource pool on the newly transformed system.
Impact and Result
- Understand what’s changed in the field of modernization and how legacy systems can now be modernized relatively affordably, and in surprisingly short time frames.
- Evaluate legacy modernization vendors and products for your enterprise needs.
- Determine which vendors are most appropriate for particular use cases and scenarios.
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.Download Now
Get to Action
Understand the vendor market
Compare the product offerings to determine the right vendor for your use case.
Create and evaluate a shortlist of vendors
Ensure that the most appropriate vendor is selected for the enterprise.