Vendor Landscape: Collaboration Platforms
Integration and user immersion feed directly to the bottom line.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- The adoption of collaboration platforms is rapidly accelerating. Not all platforms are created equally, and choosing the right platform can be a daunting task in a market with many emerging new features, like social collaboration, file synchronization, and shifting delivery options.
- Collaboration platforms are not an island and must integrate well with other major enterprise applications such as CRM, ERP, ECM, and desktop productivity tools.
- This solution set will help you understand and identify collaboration opportunities that exist within your organization, identify leading vendors and compare capabilities, and select the right solution to implement.
- Tools chosen by the user have staying power: With so many freemium collaboration options available, shadow IT likely abounds in your environment. Don’t waste these experiences. Leverage this user choice and the free trials available to inform tool selection and make a confident investment.
- Value = Engagement: Identify the specific use cases and value propositions a tool should fulfill for users before selecting or introducing a tool even as a trial. IT and the business need to clearly communicate the tangible value of a tool to gain user engagement.
- Immersion is the mother of adoption: Tools that integrate with current business processes and applications and create multiple experiences for users will be more likely to stick. Look for tool capabilities that immerse the user in productive ways.
Impact and Result
- Understand what’s new in the enterprise collaboration market and how the ongoing convergence of traditional feature sets with social capabilities is enabling a new generation of collaboration solutions.
- Evaluate collaboration platform vendors and products for your enterprise needs.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for particular use cases and scenarios.
- Interactive Intelligence
- 3 anonymous contributors
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.Download Now
Get to Action
Evaluate the leading solutions for mid-market collaboration platforms
Understand the market and available options.
Identify the mid-market collaboration platform solution that best meets your needs
Develop a shortlist to speed the selection process.
Issue an RFP to the shortlist of vendors
Solicit responses from shortlisted vendors to find optimal enterprise fit.
Review RFP winners
Ensure that selected proponents can deliver when it counts.
Recalibrate Your End-User Computing Strategy and Roadmap
Exploit Disruptive Infrastructure Technology
Seize the Potential of the Internet of Things Today
Stop Managing Endpoints
Choose and Implement a Mobile Strategy
Develop & Enforce Policies that Securely Enable a Mobile Workforce
Select and Implement Enterprise Mobility Management
Implement a Mobility Strategy with Enterprise Mobility Management
Switch Mobile Platforms
Implement Desktop Virtualization and Transition to Everything as a Service
Migrate to Windows 10
Create a Practical BYOE Action Plan
Create a Consumer Technology Integration Plan in Five Steps
Kick-Start IT-Led Business Innovation
Reduce Costs Through Printer Consolidation
Migrate to Office 365 Now
Create a Strategy and Roadmap for Office 365
Plan and Implement Office 365
Consider BYOC as Part of a Desktop-as-a-Service Strategy
Transition to BYOD and Beyond
Secure the Network in a BYOD World
Create a Corporate Personal Cloud Vision in Two Days
Forge a New Standard for End-User Devices
Vendor Landscape: Collaboration Platforms