- Interactive Intelligence
- 3 anonymous contributors
- The adoption of collaboration platforms is rapidly accelerating. Not all platforms are created equally, and choosing the right platform can be a daunting task in a market with many emerging new features, like social collaboration, file synchronization, and shifting delivery options.
- Collaboration platforms are not an island and must integrate well with other major enterprise applications such as CRM, ERP, ECM, and desktop productivity tools.
- This solution set will help you understand and identify collaboration opportunities that exist within your organization, identify leading vendors and compare capabilities, and select the right solution to implement.
- Tools chosen by the user have staying power: With so many freemium collaboration options available, shadow IT likely abounds in your environment. Don’t waste these experiences. Leverage this user choice and the free trials available to inform tool selection and make a confident investment.
- Value = Engagement: Identify the specific use cases and value propositions a tool should fulfill for users before selecting or introducing a tool even as a trial. IT and the business need to clearly communicate the tangible value of a tool to gain user engagement.
- Immersion is the mother of adoption: Tools that integrate with current business processes and applications and create multiple experiences for users will be more likely to stick. Look for tool capabilities that immerse the user in productive ways.
Impact and Result
- Understand what’s new in the enterprise collaboration market and how the ongoing convergence of traditional feature sets with social capabilities is enabling a new generation of collaboration solutions.
- Evaluate collaboration platform vendors and products for your enterprise needs.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for particular use cases and scenarios.
This guided implementation is a three call advisory process.
Guided Implementation #1 -
Call #1 - Shortlist Assistance and Requirements
Get off to a productive start: Discuss the market space and how vendors are evaluated. Decide which platform suits you best and narrow down the options based on customized requirements.
Guided Implementation #2 -
Call #1 - RFP and Budget Review
Interpret and act on RFP results: Review vendors’ RFPs and ensure the solution will meet your needs. Discuss average pricing of solutions and what can fit into your budget.
Guided Implementation #3 -
Call #1 - Negotiation and Contract Review
Purchase optimization: Review contracts and discuss best practices in negotiation tactics to get the best price for your solution.