- The Internet of Things (IoT) is a rapidly proliferating technology – connected devices have experienced unabated growth over the last ten years.
- The business wants to capitalize on the IoT and move the needle forward for proactive customer service and operational efficiency.
- Moreover, IT wants to maintain its reputation as forward-thinking, and the business wants to be innovative.
- Leverage Info-Tech’s comprehensive three-phase approach to IoT projects: understand the fundamentals of IoT capabilities, assess where the IoT will drive value within the organization, and present findings to stakeholders.
- Conduct a foundational IoT discussion with stakeholders to level set expectations about the technology’s capabilities.
- Determine your organization’s approach to the IoT in terms of both hardware and software.
- Determine which use case your organization fits into: three of the use cases highlighted in this report include predictive customer service, smart offices, and supply chain applications.
Impact and Result
- Our methodology addresses the possible issues by using a case-study approach to demonstrate the “Art of the Possible” for the IoT.
- With an understanding of the IoT, it is possible to find applicable use cases for this emerging technology and get a leg up on competitors.
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real-time savings, monetary impact, and project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this blueprint and what our clients have to say.