- Ady Degany, CEO, Velostrata
- Corey Fruitman, Founder & CEO, Instant Housecall
- Jeremy Johnson, President, Cloudversify
- Emilio Chemali, MRE Consulting
- The application may have been written a long time ago, and have source code, knowledge base, or design principles misplaced or lacking, which makes it difficult to understand the design and build.
- The development team does not have a standardized practice for assessing cloud benefits and architecture, design principles for redesigning an application, or performing capacity for planning activities.
- An infrastructure-driven cloud strategy overlooks application specific complexities. Ensure that an application portfolio strategy is a precursor to determining the business value gained from an application perspective, not just an infrastructure perspective.
- Business value assessment must be the core of your decision to migrate and justify the development effort.
- Right-size your application to predict future usage and minimize unplanned expenses. This ensures that you are truly benefiting from the tier costing model that vendors offer.
Impact and Result
- Identify and evaluate what cloud benefits your application can leverage and the business value generated as a result of migrating your application to the cloud.
- Use Info-Tech’s approach to building a robust application that can leverage scalability, availability, and performance benefits while maintaining the functions and features that the application currently supports for the business.
- Standardize and strengthen your performance testing practices and capacity planning activities to build a strong current state assessment.
- Use Info-Tech’s elaboration of the 12-factor app to build a clear and robust cloud profile and target state for your application.
- Leverage Info-Tech’s cloud requirements model to assess the impact of cloud on different requirements patterns.
This guided implementation is a five call advisory process.
Guided Implementation #1 - Create Your Cloud Application Profile
Call #1 - Discuss the benefits for your organization specifically from migrating the application to the cloud, and evaluate the functionalities and capabilities set forth by the business.
Call #2 - Discuss how the business needs and demands can be translated to cloud features and architectures and what it means for your application to operate in the cloud.
Call #3 - Discuss the importance of capacity planning and collecting baselining metrics for your application.
Guided Implementation #2 - Evaluate Design Changes for Your Application