- Cost variability means that you don’t know how much you’re going to pay.
- Complex bills make it difficult for non-technical (and some technical) analysts to parse what the organization is actually paying for.
- In some cases, the cloud might be more expensive than its on-premises equivalents.
- The cloud’s fundamental characteristics are value-neutral. The pay-as-you-go model can be a good thing, or it can be a bad thing. Use reserved instances, tagging, and chargebacks/showbacks to strategically manage the cloud and take advantage of its strengths and mitigate some of its weaknesses.
Impact and Result
- Skeleton for a tagging project (metadata)
- Understanding of reserved instances and how they can be used
- Appropriate chargeback/showback model for particular services
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real-time savings, monetary impact, and project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this blueprint and what our clients have to say.
Average $ Saved
Average Days Saved