- Matt Nowina, Customer Engineering Specialist, Google
- Karl Kerba, Head of DevOps, Risk Focus
- Corey Fruitman, Principal, Instant Housecall
- Stephanie Lanning, AWS Partner Manager, Cloudamize
- Cost variability means that you don’t know how much you’re going to pay.
- Complex bills make it difficult for non-technical (and some technical) analysts to parse what the organization is actually paying for.
- In some cases, the cloud might be more expensive than its on-premises equivalents.
- The cloud’s fundamental characteristics are value-neutral. The pay-as-you-go model can be a good thing, or it can be a bad thing. Use reserved instances, tagging, and chargebacks/showbacks to strategically manage the cloud and take advantage of its strengths and mitigate some of its weaknesses.
Impact and Result
- Skeleton for a tagging project (metadata)
- Understanding of reserved instances and how they can be used
- Appropriate chargeback/showback model for particular services
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.