- Yvon Day, Asset Management Consultant, BDC
- Christopher Odediran, Head of IT Asset Management, Mott Macdonald
- Tammy Krauthammer, VP of Technology, LPL Financial
- Luz Cervantes, IT Asset Manager, Northgate Markets
- Leveraging the cloud introduces IT professionals to a new world that they are tasked with securing.
- With many cloud vendors proposing to share the security responsibility, it can be a challenge for organizations to develop a clear understanding of how they can best secure their data off premises.
- Cloud security is not fundamentally different from security on premises.
- While some of the mechanics are different, the underlying principles are the same. Accountability doesn’t disappear.
- By virtue of its broad network accessibility, the cloud does expose decisions to extreme scrutiny, however.
Impact and Result
- The business is adopting a cloud environment and it must be secured, which includes:
- Ensuring business data cannot be leaked or stolen.
- Maintaining privacy of data and other information.
- Securing the network connection points.
- This blueprint and associated tools are scalable for all types of organizations within various industry sectors.
This guided implementation is a seven call advisory process.
Guided Implementation #1 - Explore security considerations for the cloud
Call #1 - Scope requirements, objectives, and your specific challenges.
Call #2 - Review cloud considerations for security controls.
Call #3 - Discuss security implications of cloud service models.
Call #4 - Finalize list of initiatives for securing the cloud.
Guided Implementation #2 - Prioritize initiatives and construct a roadmap