- Yvon Day, Asset Management Consultant, BDC
- Christopher Odediran, Head of IT Asset Management, Mott Macdonald
- Tammy Krauthammer, VP of Technology, LPL Financial
- Luz Cervantes, IT Asset Manager, Northgate Markets
- Leveraging the cloud introduces IT professionals to a new world that they are tasked with securing.
- With many cloud vendors proposing to share the security responsibility, it can be a challenge for organizations to develop a clear understanding of how they can best secure their data off premises.
- Cloud security is not fundamentally different from security on premises.
- While some of the mechanics are different, the underlying principles are the same. Accountability doesn’t disappear.
- By virtue of its broad network accessibility, the cloud does expose decisions to extreme scrutiny, however.
Impact and Result
- The business is adopting a cloud environment and it must be secured, which includes:
- Ensuring business data cannot be leaked or stolen.
- Maintaining privacy of data and other information.
- Securing the network connection points.
- This blueprint and associated tools are scalable for all types of organizations within various industry sectors.
This guided implementation is a seven call advisory process.
Guided Implementation #1 - Explore security considerations for the cloud
Call #1 - Scope requirements, objectives, and your specific challenges.
Call #2 - Review cloud considerations for security controls.
Call #3 - Discuss security implications of cloud service models.
Call #4 - Finalize list of initiatives for securing the cloud.
Guided Implementation #2 - Prioritize initiatives and construct a roadmap
Call #1 - Prioritize initiatives identified in Phase 1.
Call #2 - Build execution waves and introduce Gantt chart.
Call #3 - Finalize roadmap and discuss next steps.
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real time savings, monetary impact, and project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this Blueprint, and what our clients have to say.