- Nicola (Nick) Sanna - CEO at RiskLens, President of the FAIR Institute
- Jeff Tandy - Senior IT Security Specialist at General Dynamics Land Systems Canada
- Two anonymous contributors
- Security budget has been slashed and the team needs to do more with less.
- Mitigating risk is still the top priority, only now we to reassess effectiveness and efficiency to ensure we are getting the greatest level of protection for the least amount of money.
A cost-optimized security budget is one that has the greatest impact on risk for the least amount of money spent.
Impact and Result
- Focus on business need and related risks, review the risk reduction efficacy of your people, processes, and technology, justify what can be cut and what must stay
- Info-Tech will guide you through this process, and by the end of this blueprint, you will have a cost-optimized security budget along with an executive presentation to explain your revised spending.
This guided implementation is a six call advisory process.
Guided Implementation #1 - Cost-optimize your technology and managed services
Call #1 - Assess technology spending.
Call #2 - Determine which technology is worth the cost.
Guided Implementation #2 - Cost-optimize your staffing
Call #1 - Identify any need for workforce reduction.
Call #2 - Discuss results of layoff assessment.
Guided Implementation #3 - Cost-optimize your security strategy