Security budgets are unlike other department budgets. Increases or decreases in the budget can drastically affect the organizational risk level. Info-Tech’s methodology moves you away from traditional budgeting into a risk-based budget that is designed to be as dynamic as your business growth model.
- Year after year, CISOs need to develop a comprehensive security budget that is able to mitigate against threats.
- This budget will have to be defended with many other stakeholders to ensure that there is proper funding.
- Security budgets are unlike other departmental budgets. Increases or decreases in the budget can drastically affect the organizational risk level.
- CISOs struggle with the ability to assess the effectiveness of their security controls and where to allocate money.
- Info-Tech’s methodology moves you away from the traditional budgeting approach and builds a budget that is designed to be as dynamic as the business growth model.
- Collect the requirements that your organization needs and build different budget options to describe how increases/decreases can affect the risk level.
- Discuss the different budgets with the business to determine what level of funding is needed for the desired level of security.
- Gain approval of your budget early, by performing “pre-shopping” and presenting the budget early to individual stakeholders prior to the final budget approval process.
Talk to our analyst about this Research
Be recognized for your expertise! Participate in an expert interview with one of our analysts and we will showcase your contribution on our upcoming Info-Tech Client Hall Of Fame.
Each interview lasts approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour and provides you with the opportunity to share your best practices, opinions, tools or templates with your peers.