Vendor Landscape: Enterprise Content Management for Knowledge Workers
Take advantage of embedded BPM tools to enable knowledge transfer and information use.
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- ECM platforms enable many aspects of an information governance program by ensuring related pieces of content can be found even when created and stored by different departments or over long periods of time.
- Most organizations struggle to create and maintain the appropriate taxonomy and metadata to fully enable an ECM system. The new generation of tools can automate many aspects through full text search and automated generation of document tags.
- SharePoint has the highest adoption rate of any product in this landscape.
- Look past high adoption and evaluate all of the products before settling for SharePoint. There are many products at the same or lower price point that have better features.
- Focus on your primary use case and ensure that the RFP and demo reflect the key scenarios that you are looking to enable.
- Usability of the system for end users and IT is the key to success with ECM products.
Impact and Result
- Understand what products are available to support your content management for knowledge workers.
- Evaluate the vendors based on the features that matter to your organization.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for your particular use case and scenario.
Evaluate the leading solutions for ECM
Understand the market and available options.
Identify the ECM products that meets your needs
Develop a shortlist to speed the selection process.
Issue an RFP to the shortlist of vendors
Solicit responses from shortlisted vendors to find optimal enterprise fit.
Review RFP winners
Ensure that selected proponents can deliver when it counts.