- Scott Trickett, Director of IS Infrastructure\Operations Chesapeake Employers’ Insurance
- Dave Millier, CEO, Uzado Inc.
- Three anonymous contributors
- The security team often doesn’t understand business goals.
- The organization lacks direction regarding security initiatives and how to prioritize them.
- Risks are not treated appropriately.
- Business and security goals should be the same. Businesses cannot operate without security and security's goal is to enable safe business operations.
- Security governance supports security strategy and management. These three elements create a protective arch around business operations, and governance is the keystone. It seems like a small aspect, but it holds the whole program together.
- Governance defines the laws, but they need to be policed. Governance sets standards for what actions are permitted, but only management can verify that these standards are being observed.
Impact and Result
- Your security governance and management program needs to be aligned with business goals to be effective.
- This approach also helps to provide a starting point to develop a realistic governance and management program.
- This project will guide you through the process of implementing and monitoring a security governance and management program that prioritizes security, while keeping costs to a minimum.
This guided implementation is a six call advisory process.
Guided Implementation #1 - Align business goals with security objectives
Call #1 - Understand what security governance means for you.
Call #2 - Governance Development Checkpoint I
Guided Implementation #2 - Develop an effective governance framework
Call #1 - Develop an effective framework.
Call #2 - Governance Development Checkpoint II
Guided Implementation #3 - Manage your governance framework
Call #1 - Metrics, audits, and why they matter.
Call #2 - Governance Development Checkpoint III
- Title: Security Management
- Number of Course Modules: 4
- Estimated Time to Complete: 1.5 - 2 hours
- Featured Analysts:
- Jessica Ireland, Research lead, Security Practice
- Logan Rohde, Research Analyst, Security Practice
- Now Playing: Executive Brief