Exploit Disruptive Security Trends in 2016
Don’t become a security headline due to something you didn’t know existed.
Send a friend or colleague a link to this article
- The security landscape is rapidly evolving with new technology trends, security threats, and market tactics emerging every day.
- IT and security professionals are expected to be aware of these new trends and be prepared for them – whether it is securing a new technology or having security controls in place for the latest attack type.
- With so many different news sources and feeds for security, it can be challenging to understand which trends are relevant and which are currently just fluff.
- It can be difficult to find the time to research and evaluate different security trends to determine which are relevant and applicable to your organization.
- The lack of security professionals today is driving many of the security trends, as more automation and management tools exist to ease the workload of current staff.
- Security solution tactics are becoming more proactive and deceptive. It is now about staying one step ahead of an attacker, instead of being behind.
Impact and Result
- Use Info-Tech’s research to understand the upcoming technology security trends, threats, and mitigation tactics that organizations should be concerned about.
- The trends in this report will all have a major impact in the near future, whether it’s currently influencing change or something that organizations will need to prepare for.
- Become a trusted adviser that is recognized for their foresight into new security trends that can help to enable the larger organization.
- Adrien De Beaupre, Certified Instructor, SANS Institue
- Atif Ghauri, Senior Vice President, Herjavec Group
- BG Naran, Deputy CIO – IT Strategy & Security, MDC Partners
- Daniel O’Callaghan, CISO, Sinclair Community College
- Jason Bevis, Global Managing Director of Deployment and Integration, Mandiant Consulting, a division of FireEye, Inc.
- Ken Piddington, CIO and Executive Advisor, MRE Consulting
- Lou Saviano, Vice President, Global Information Technology Services
- Pradeep Nair, Director, Information Systems, The University of British Columbia
- Rick Vadgama, Director Information Privacy and Security, Cimpress
- Rob Marano, Co-Founder, The Hackerati, Inc.
- Teij Janki, IM/IT Site Manager, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Vincent di Giambattista, Director Information Security and IT Compliance, Walgreens Boots Alliance
- William Tucek, VP, Information Security Officer, First Merchants Corporation
- 2 anonymous contributors
Get the Complete Storyboard
See how all the steps you need to take come together, with tools and advice to help with each task on your list.Download Now
Get to Action
Start here – read the Executive Brief
Read our concise Executive Brief to find out why you should exploit disruptive security trends in 2016, review Info-Tech’s methodology, and understand the four ways we can support you on this topic.
Exploit disruptive security trends in 2016
Use this blueprint to learn about the security trends that will have major impact in the near future. Understand what these trends are, what the benefits and risks are, and read our perspective on these trends.
Build a Security Awareness and Training Program
Exploit Disruptive Security Trends for 2015
Develop and Deploy Security Policies
Build a Security Governance and Management Plan
Hire or Develop a World-Class CISO
Build an Information Security Strategy
Optimize Security Operations without Overspending
Develop and Implement a Security Incident Management Program
Implement and Optimize an Effective Security Management Metrics Program
Develop a Network Security Roadmap to Lower Incident Costs and Increase Efficiency
Secure Critical Systems and Intellectual Property Against APT
Ensure Cloud Security in IaaS and PaaS Environments
Comply with the Security Requirements of HIPAA or SOX
Exploit Disruptive Security Trends in 2016
Defend Against Ransomware
Develop a User Management Strategy
Improve Information Security Practices in the Small Enterprise
Optimize Security Mitigation Effectiveness Using STRIDE
Manage the Budget to Optimize Security Spending
Develop and Optimize Threat Intelligence on a Budget
Manage Security Outsourcing