Create a Strategy and Roadmap for Office 365
You are going to move to Office 365; your need for SharePoint functionality determines when.
- Microsoft is pushing Office 365 aggressively to the C-suite.
- The complexity of SharePoint and Exchange implementations outweigh the benefits.
- Office 365 licenses are more expensive than upgrading the applications.
- When moving to Office 365, cost savings are dependent on your ability to decommission SQL, SharePoint, and Exchange on-premise servers.
- Microsoft is focused on cloud applications; you need a strategy – even if it is to just wait.
- The value of Office 365 can only be realized through matching the license level with the needs of specific user populations. This will minimize your overspend.
Impact and Result
- Consolidating your Exchange and SharePoint licenses into a single Office 365 license can save at least 15% in license cost over a three-year span.
Determine if Office 365 is an option for the organization
Understand the value of Office 365 and evaluate the benefits for IT.
Develop a cost/benefit analysis
Assess the organization’s dependency on Microsoft products.
Determine the timeframe for migration
Evaluate the key storage concerns across five key factors.
Create an Office 365 strategy
Outline Office 365 benefits that enable IT’s strategy and define a long-term strategy.
Build an Office 365 roadmap
Determine the pre-project steps, IT training plan, and the technical steps.
Book Your Workshop
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Evaluate Office 365 needs
- Define the realistic cost of Office 365.
- Evaluate key metrics for Office 365 value.
- Define organizational future needs for Office 365.
Key Benefits Achieved
- An understanding of the benefits and drawbacks to Office 365.
- A clear view of your spend with Microsoft.
- Define the capacity and use of key Microsoft licenses.
Define the current needs for content based on user needs.
- A license based view of your current use of Office 365 related applications and infrastructure and the cost of replacing those licenses with Office 365
Evaluate the growth of information in the organization
- A go/no-go decision on Office 365.
Map the gaps in your current strategy
Module 2: Build a roadmap for Office 365
- Identify technical gaps for moving to Office 365.
- Identify key infrastructure time points.
- Combine the organization needs with best practices for Office 365.
Key Benefits Achieved
- A complete timeline view of the projects needed to implement Office 365.
Define the current IT skill set
- Identify the necessary before, during, and after projects for Office 365 success.
Define when storage will be a critical concern
Set start and finish dates for Office 365
Build a timeline
- A single inclusive timeline of projects.