Determine which business transactions are most critical to the organization. This phase will take you through the following activities:
- Create the project charter.
- Document business transactions.
- Establish scoring criteria.
- Estimate impact of downtime for each application.
- Assign transaction criticality.
Prioritizing each business transaction is critical to the success of performance management implementation. It is not feasible or practice to try and implement a solution that will address all transactions right at the start. Limit the scope and leverage an iterative pilot approach.