Threat Landscape Briefing – September 2023
In this month’s briefing we explore:
- The recent trend of governments banning TikTok from employee devices. (timestamp – 01:05)
- TikTok collects massive amounts of information from a device and the US government has banned TikTok from devices with access to government data as a result.
- See Info-Tech’s Develop an IT Asset Management Strategy.
- How organizations are being breached through Cisco VPNs (timestamp – 03:09)
- When organizations are leveraging third-party tools such as VPNs, measures should be taken to ensure any vulnerabilities are identified and patched.
- See Info-Tech’s Mature Your Identity and Access Management Program.
- How the popularity of home automation devices has led to increased security concern (timestamp – 05:22)
- Vulnerabilities in home automation devices will continue, and we need to change our mindset to insulate us from vendors that provide sub-par protection.
- See Info-Tech’s Implement Risk-Based Vulnerability Management.
- Cyber threats to space infrastructure (timestamp – 08:13)
- Implementing cybersecurity measures at the inception of satellite and space network development will be vital, as retrofitting cybersecurity measures can be resource intensive.
- See Info-Tech’s Develop a Business Continuity Plan.
- Multiple high severity vulnerabilities in CODESYS V3 SDK (timestamp – 11:15)
- The discovery of these vulnerabilities represents high risks for OT infrastructure environments.
- See Info-Tech’s Secure IT/OT Convergence.
If you have a question or would like to receive these monthly briefings via email, submit a request here.