Our information management practice helps you learn best practices to develop data strategies for substantially better business decision making.
Architect and govern a data management practice that fits your business and information needs
Learn how leading organizations leverage data management capabilities to support the intake, storage, and deployment of information.
Enable better decision making for operational excellence, innovation and customer intimacy
Engage the business to map data needs and convey them in digestible format that supports operational insight and executive decision making.
Support business information needs with the appropriate technology
Understand the impact of emerging trends like big data and cloud integration to select and deploy the appropriate technology for your business.
Business Intelligence Key Initiative Plan
Use our business intelligence roadmap to drive process maturity and sustainable data quality. Complete each step using our world-class research and advisory services with the option to accelerate the process with workshop and consulting options.
Create a Data Management Practice
Ideally, the right information should go to the right people, at the right time. However, 58% of organizations list "accessing relevant, timely or reliable data“ as their biggest obstacle.
- Establish business context for data management
- Determine the role and scope of data management within the organization
- Build a data management roadmap, for the short and long term
- A data management practice makes the most of data, which is a key assets
- Achieve a unified vision for data management between business and IT
Establish Data Governance
92% of companies believe that data governance is worthy of ongoing investment. Get the right data to the right people at the right time with an enabling governance structure.
- Establish a collaborative framework for the data governance program
- Develop governance initiatives based on business need and value
- Create committees and roles for embedding data enablement in the organization’s culture
- Get at the heart of business and IT needs to enable shared insight
- Effectively communicate the changes of data governance breaking down political barriers
Conquer Data Quality Challenges
United States Postal Service wasted $1.5 billion on sending mail to the wrong addresses. Cutting corners on data quality has serious bottom-line implications.
- Detail the business context (vision, objectives, drivers, and key data subject areas)
- Conduct a root cause analysis of data quality issues
- Conduct Current and future state assessment of data quality practice
- Prioritize the improvement roadmap to address the data and the practices around data
- Obtain concrete steps to cleansing a key data domain
Modernize Data Architecture
56% of financial firms identified siloed, legacy data architecture as one of their largest data challenges. Step into the future while learning from the past with our approach to data architecture.
- Define your current data architecture
- Model the impacts of the current data landscape on your legacy platforms
- Build a roadmap to take the organization from traditional to modern data architecture
- Define and clearly communicate a single, consistent, and authoritative view of your organization’s data
- Formulate a roadmap for incremental delivery of data initiatives
Optimize Data Integration
34% of CFOs see data integration as an essential business operation that is not adequately invested in.
- Interview business stakeholders and IT to understand data integration needs
- Identify applicable integration patterns as reference architecture
- Develop an implementation plan and introduce governance into data integration
- A pattern-based approach to data integration to accelerate implementation
- An actionable plan to implement data integration and strategies to sustain it
Monetize Your Data with Master Data Management
Companies with a successful master data management (MDM) strategy had customer retention rates of 91%, compared with 62% for those who didn’t. Translate your master data into revenue with MDM.
- Build a common IT and business vision for MDM
- Capture the business needs and data domains that require an MDM solution
- Construct a program to establish and maintain MDM governance
- Identified single source of truth for your critical data
- Accountabilities between the business and IT for ongoing management
Build an Agile Data Warehouse
66% of businesses reported a shortening of their decision window in 2014. Invest in a data repository that gets the right data to the right people at the right time.
- Create your technology and data warehouse foundation
- Identify your specific data warehouse pattern
- Create the framework for iteratively adding additional data sources
- Injecting agility provides a framework for a scalable data warehouse that can respond to business changes
- Clear definition of how data assets will be effectively delivered to users
Build a Next Generation BI Strategy
95% of organizations report data and analytics keep them on par with or ahead of their local/global competitors. Create a comprehensive strategy that facilitates data-driven decision making.
- Analyze current business intelligence (BI) usage, user perception, and artifact inventory
- Undergo a structured BI requirements discovery process
- Envision a BI target state with our recommendations and build a BI strategy to get there
- Holistic understanding of how users need to be supported, from strategic and technical perspectives
- Sustainable roadmap for improvement rooted in BI practice, not just technology
Create Your Big Data Strategy
Over 90% of the data that exists today has been created in the last two years alone. Big data is more approachable than ever. Identify your differentiating use case today.
- Identify your maturity level for incorporating big data
- Identify and refine “killer” big data use cases
- Structure a big data pilot project to demonstrate big data value and possibilities
- A focused pilot project translates the potential of big data into real value in your organization
- Quick win with a pilot project lays a foundation for enterprise-wide adoption
Learn how to accelerate your Business Intelligence projects & processes with access to our in depth tools & resourcesRequest a Demo