Considering ramping up automated functional software testing but not sure what tool to purchase or even what qualities to evaluate? This research note covers the landscape of leading tools and key issues in the world of automation. Specifically, it helps IT leaders do the following:
- Understand current market trends.
- Define key evaluation criteria.
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of tools from IBM, Seapine, Borland, HP, and Micro Focus as they apply to a particular quality assurance team with particular work styles.
- Consider open source alternatives.
- Choose a tool that's a good match for the quality team.
Read this note to begin raising the software quality bar with the right automated functional testing tool.