- The storage space is growing and diversifying, making it more difficult to decide on the right storage solution and vendor.
- Data continues to grow at an exponential rate, and the variety of data types is growing faster than ever, further complicating future-proofing for storage adoption.
- As costs continue to decrease, flash will become a viable choice for many enterprise workloads, further diversifying your options for storage adoption.
- Flash is more than storage caching. Flash cost continues to go down, while the capacity of flash continues to increase. Coupled with higher performance features like deduplication, flash storage is reaching a TCO lower than that of traditional storage.
- Storage is becoming a commodity. If the minimum standard is all you need from your mid-range storage solution, the best differentiator is the vendor you choose. Dig deep to find the vendor that fits your organization’s needs.
- List pricing is just that. All vendors have list pricing, but discounting in the industry has become very competitive. Vendors have been known to offer discounts that are going as deep as 50%, depending on the size of the purchase.
Impact and Result
- Explore the major vendors in the storage space and identify what they have to offer for mid-range storage.
- Review the changes in the storage space, such as the utilization of flash, and see if adopting these technologies is right for you.
- Evaluate mid-range storage vendors and products based on your enterprise needs.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for your particular use case and scenario.
1. Evaluate the leading solutions for mid-range storage
Understand the market and available options.
2. Identify the mid-range storage solution that best meets your needs
Develop a shortlist to speed the selection process.
3. Issue an RFP to the shortlist of vendors
Solicit responses from shortlisted vendors to find optimal enterprise fit.
4. Review RFP winners
Ensure that selected proponents can deliver when it counts.
This guided implementation is a three call advisory process.
Guided Implementation #1 - Shortlist Assistance and Requirements
Call #1 - Get off to a productive start: Discuss the market space and how vendors are evaluated. Decide which platform suits you best and narrow down the options based on customized requirements.
Guided Implementation #2 - RFP and Budget Review
Call #1 - Interpret and act on RFP results: Review vendors’ RFPs and ensure the solution will meet your needs. Discuss average pricing of solutions and what can fit into your budget.
Guided Implementation #3 - Negotiation and Contract Review