- More and more projects require accurate data on contracts, software, and hardware, and in all but the smaller enterprises, this can be very challenging to access and maintain.
- Automation is crucial to collecting the data, but ensuring the tool actually fits your environment is key to the tool processing the data into usable reports.
- Start looking at tools with a strong understanding of your needs to ensure a good product match as well as price match. You don’t always have to spend a fortune to find the right solution.
- Complex licensing rules can be calculated manually using information gathered through asset discovery. But where the footprint of complex licensing is high, such as a large Oracle solution, tools designed specifically for comparing hardware components to software licensing rules can help to both meet compliance and save significant dollars.
- Integration with service management tools may be significant to workflow improvement and increased accuracy in data management.
- Occasionally there is a need for multiple tools in highly complex environments. Choose one to cover the majority of scenarios but add integration to requirements documents. Book a call with an analyst to discuss these options in more detail.
Impact and Result
- Understand what features are available from asset management software providers and how they can benefit your organization.
- Identify an asset management solution that meets your organization’s specific use case without overpaying for unnecessary features.
- Determine which asset management solution provides the best value for your organization.
This guided implementation is a three call advisory process.
Guided Implementation #1 -
Call #1 - Shortlist Assistance and Requirements
Get off to a productive start: Discuss the market space and how vendors are evaluated. Decide which platform suits you best and narrow down the options based on customized requirements.
Guided Implementation #2 -
Call #1 - RFP and Budget Review
Interpret and act on RFP results: Review vendors’ RFPs and ensure the solution will meet your needs. Discuss average pricing of solutions and what can fit into your budget.
Guided Implementation #3 -
Call #1 - Negotiation and Contract Review
Purchase optimization: Review contracts and discuss best practices in negotiation tactics to get the best price for your solution.