Vendor Landscape: IT Asset Management (ITAM)
Automate hardware and software asset management with the right tools for your environment.
View Vendor Shortlist
What is a shortlist?
A shortlist is a personalized list of vendors based on the criteria you define. Your shortlist offers more information about vendor's strengths, weaknesses, price-points, etc, and ranks them according to your needs.
What is a Value Score?
The Value Score indexes each vendor’s product offering and business strength relative to their price point. It does not indicate vendor ranking.
Vendors that score high offer more bang for the buck (e.g. features, usability, stability, etc.) than the average vendor, while the inverse is true for those that score lower.
Price-conscious enterprises may wish to give the Value Score more consideration than those who are more focused on specific vendor/product attributes.
- More and more projects require accurate data on contracts, software, and hardware, and in all but the smaller enterprises, this can be very challenging to access and maintain.
- Automation is crucial to collecting the data, but ensuring the tool actually fits your environment is key to the tool processing the data into usable reports.
- Start looking at tools with a strong understanding of your needs to ensure a good product match as well as price match. You don’t always have to spend a fortune to find the right solution.
- Complex licensing rules can be calculated manually using information gathered through asset discovery. But where the footprint of complex licensing is high, such as a large Oracle solution, tools designed specifically for comparing hardware components to software licensing rules can help to both meet compliance and save significant dollars.
- Integration with service management tools may be significant to workflow improvement and increased accuracy in data management.
- Occasionally there is a need for multiple tools in highly complex environments. Choose one to cover the majority of scenarios but add integration to requirements documents. Book a call with an analyst to discuss these options in more detail.
Impact and Result
- Understand what features are available from asset management software providers and how they can benefit your organization.
- Identify an asset management solution that meets your organization’s specific use case without overpaying for unnecessary features.
- Determine which asset management solution provides the best value for your organization.
Evaluate the leading ITAM solutions
Understand the market and available options.
Identify the ITAM solution that best meets your needs
Develop a shortlist to speed the selection process.
Issue an RFP to the shortlist of vendors
Solicit responses from shortlisted vendors to find optimal enterprise fit.