THIS CONTENT IS OUT OF DATEThis content is retired but we have related up-to-date content below.
- Within the email security gateway (ESG) marketplace, there are numerous vendors with varying options who all claim to be the perfect fit for your organization. It becomes challenging to sift through all the offerings and find the right one.
- An ESG must serve a multitude of functions for the organization, as well as meet an array of requirements, all of which can be hard to accurately assess and include confidently.
- IT security always struggles with costs. An email gateway can become expensive, but it is vital and thus needs to have a strong case made for implementation, improvement, or replacement scenarios.
- Cloud adoption among business functions is already high. Moving email to the cloud is just another step. Take this into consideration when selecting an ESG.
- Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) and Zero-Day attacks are changing the way organizations deal with threats. Recognize the need for greater visibility and tools that stay current with these developments.
Impact and Result
- Understand developments within the ESG market to properly evaluate all capabilities and functions of an ESG.
- Evaluate ESG vendors and products based on your enterprise requirements.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for particular use cases and scenarios.
This guided implementation is a three call advisory process.
Call #1 - Shortlist assistance and requirements
Discuss the market space and how vendors are evaluated. Decide which platform suits you best and narrow down the options based on customized requirements.
Call #2 - RFP and budget review
Review vendors’ RFPs and ensure the solution will meet your needs. Discuss average pricing of solutions and what can fit into your budget.
Call #3 - Negotiation and contract review
Review contracts and discuss best practices in negotiation tactics to get the best price for your solution.