Work-from-anywhere isn’t going anywhere. IT Infrastructure & Operations needs to:
- Rebuild trust in the stability of IT infrastructure and operations.
- Identify gaps created from the COVID-19 rush to remote work.
- Identify how IT can better support remote workers.
IT went through an initial crunch to enable remote work. It’s time to be proactive and learn from our mistakes.
- The nature of work has fundamentally changed. IT departments must ensure service continuity, not for how the company worked in 2019, but how the company is working now and will be working tomorrow.
- Revisit the basics. Don’t focus on becoming an innovator until you have improved network access, app access, file access, and collaboration tools.
- Aim for near-term innovation. Once you’re a trusted operator, become a business partner by directly empowering end users at home and in the office.
Impact and Result
Build a work-from-anywhere strategy that resonates with the business.
- Strengthen the foundations of collaboration tools, app access, file access, network access, and endpoint standards.
- Explore opportunities to strengthen IT operations.
- Proactively help the business through employee experience monitoring and facilities optimization.
This guided implementation is a six call advisory process.
Guided Implementation #1 - Stabilize IT infrastructure
Call #1 - Assess current work-from-anywhere fitness and objectives.
Call #2 - Discuss opportunities to strengthen collaboration tools, file access, app access, and network access.
Guided Implementation #2 - Update IT operations
Call #1 - Discuss opportunities to improve IT Operations and Systems Management.
Call #2 - Prioritize initiatives and deliverables.
Guided Implementation #3 - Optimize IT infrastructure & operations
Call #1 - Discuss opportunities to optimize office space.
Call #2 - Explore Employee Experience Monitoring.
Book Your Workshop
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Stabilize IT Infrastructure
- Strengthen the foundations of IT infrastructure.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Improved end-user experience
- Stabilized environment
Review work-from-anywhere framework and identify capability gaps.
Review diagnostic results to identify satisfaction gaps.
Record improvement opportunities for foundational capabilities: collaboration, network, file access, app access.
- Projects and initiatives to stabilize IT infrastructure
Identify deliverables and opportunities to provide value for each.
- Deliverables and opportunities to provide value for foundational capabilities
Module 2: Update IT Operations and Optimize
Update IT operational practices to support work-from-anywhere more effectively.
Key Benefits Achieved
Improved IT operations
Identify IT infrastructure and operational capability gaps.
Record improvement opportunities for DRP & BCP.
Record improvement opportunities for endpoint and systems management practices.
Record improvement opportunities for IT operational practices.
- Projects and initiatives to update IT operations to better support work-from-anywhere
Explore office space optimization and employee experience monitoring.
- Longer-term strategic initiatives
- Deliverables and opportunities to provide value for each capability