THIS CONTENT IS OUT OF DATEThis content is retired but we have related up-to-date content below.
- Process-generated content management (PGCM) platforms ease the flow of information for repetitive tasks by managing information ingestion and automating metadata tagging.
- Most organizations still record information on paper and then scan it into the system. The new tools for building and managing e-forms should allow organizations to truly move into the digital age.
- The line between BPM and PGCM is being blurred. Many of these vendors can handle true business process management, not just workflow.
- Process-generated content cannot be divorced from knowledge worker content. The ability to combine the two is critical for engaging end users.
- Focus on your primary use case and ensure that the RFP and demo reflect the key scenarios that you are looking to enable.
- Simple workflow tools that are logical and work across device types are a critical part of ECM adoption.
Impact and Result
- Understand what products are available to support your digital information movement.
- Evaluate the vendors based on the features that matter to your organization.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for your particular use case and scenario.
This guided implementation is a three call advisory process.
Call #1 - Shortlist Assistance and Requirements
Get off to a productive start: Discuss the market space and how vendors are evaluated. Decide which platform suits you best and narrow down the options based on customized requirements.
Call #2 - RFP and Budget Review
Interpret and act on RFP results: Review vendors’ RFPs and ensure the solution will meet your needs. Discuss average pricing of solutions and what can fit into your budget.
Call #3 - Negotiation and Contract Review
Purchase optimization: Review contracts and discuss best practices in negotiation tactics to get the best price for your solution.