- Dale Cobble, PTRC
- Pedro Petrus, Transnet
- Number of individuals who completed a survey: 91 Professionals contributed information that assisted with the development of this solution set.
- IT professionals must be aware of five emerging trends that are changing the IT skills landscape: mobility, cloud, big data, social media, and security.
- Training is needed to acquire these skills if IT is to effectively maximize the company’s technology investments.
- Each of the five trends requires a specific training tactic.
- Gauge training effectiveness using increases in employee performance and morale.
- Integrate training with performance management to hold IT staff accountable for applying the skills and knowledge taught in training sessions to their roles.
- A training plan must be well-executed to improve both organizational performance and employee engagement.
Impact and Result
- A well-defined training program addresses key skill set gaps so required skills will be readily available for use on business initiatives.
- Training opportunities will help to maintain currency on business-critical technologies, whether this is a deeper understanding of existing technologies or preparation for new technologies.
- Training will help maintain adequate levels of performance during periods of business and technology change.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.