This phase of the blueprint, Implement the New Design to Improve the Process, involves creating the future-state process map. Additionally, it will provide an implementation plan and a plan for monitoring the changes made to the process, and will assign roles to specific stakeholders who will be in charge of maintaining the changes. In this final phase, the importance of the root-cause formula will be realized as the variables that were discovered throughout the blueprint will ultimately guide the implementation and monitoring plans. This phase will take you through the following activities:
- Create a future-state process diagram.
- Create a plan for implementing process changes and improvements.
- Create a RACI chart for the future-state process.
- Perform vertical and horizontal analysis.
- Assign a process owner.
- Monitor the new process or changes.
- Hold a review.