Comprehensive Software Reviews to make better IT decisions
Zerto Enhanced Azure Integration to Achieve Lower RTOs and Less Overhead
Zerto has enhanced its Azure integration to reduce RTOs and potential cost. Specifically, Zerto’s latest release leverages Azure’s native Virtual Machine Scale-Sets to:
- Reduce compute overhead required for the Zerto Cloud Appliance (ZCA) which manages the data replication to/from a cloud environment.
- Speed up recovery through better integration with native Azure functionality, which means lower achievable RTOs.
- Minimize Azure compute costs. Zerto VM instances created during the recovery processes are removed when the failover is completed.
The Zerto-Azure enhancements build on Zerto’s existing ability to support cloud-based DR and migrations:
- Execute DR to or from an Azure environment (e.g. on-prem to Azure, or Azure to on-prem).
- Execute DR from one Azure region to another. Cloud services have outages too, and the ability to failover from one region to another provides the same geo-diversity you would expect for your on-prem or co-lo environment.
- Mitigate the risk of vendor or platform lock-in by enabling workloads to migrate from one cloud environment to another.
Zerto’s broad support of cloud DR and migration requirements matches the journey many organizations are following; e.g. start by using cloud for DR, move on to using cloud for production, implement DR for production cloud environments…and avoid cloud vendor lock-in along the way.
Want to Know More?
Veeam to be acquired by Insight Partners for US$5 billion: On January 9, 2020, Veeam announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement of purchase with Insight Partners.
Zerto 7.5 adds support for Azure Active Directory Managed Service Identity (MSI), which simplifies authentication to Azure services while improving security.
Quest Software’s NetVault Backup v12.4 release adds support for OneDrive to its existing Office 365 (O365) backup capabilities, enabling its customers to better align backup strategy to business requirements, and helping Quest Software keep up with other O365 backup offerings.
Veeam has rolled out new backup features that integrate with Amazon S3 to help users save on storage costs for their backups. This tech is some serious secret sauce.
HPE has ported over InfoSight Predictive Analytics platform from its 2017 acquisition of Nimble to its SimpliVity line, adding AI to the hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI), as announced in an Oct. 28 press release.
Modern business continuity planning is complicated. Ideas from chaos engineering can help test resiliency, but only if you have a mature BCP.
Veeam is still running strong in the enterprise and cloud backup markets two business quarters into its 2019 fiscal year. Veeam has announced its second quarter results and the numbers are still impressive.
Cyberattacks are terrible and require the same dedication to overcome them as would any other disaster response effort. Just like natural disasters, cyberattacks cause millions of dollars in damage, disrupt infrastructure, and impede citizens from their daily lives.
At VeeamON 2019, Veeam announced it had achieved $1billion in annual bookings. The software company attributes success to its ability to take advantage of Act 1: Virtualization of the Data Center; now it is gearing up for what it predicts will be Act 2: Hybrid Cloud.