Select and Implement an ERP Solution
Selecting a best-fit solution requires balancing needs, cost, and capability.
ERP implementations are among the most expensive, time consuming undertakings an organization can embark on. Prepare a comprehensive evaluation and selection strategy to allow for a seamless and successful implementation.
- Ad hoc procurement creates untracked, unlicensed software purchases. A hasty and uninformed selection is doomed to result in the wrong solution.
- Inadequate requirements can stall the implementation and lead to unrealized ROI. 60% of ERP implementations fail due to a lack of clear description and specification of functional requirements.
- Selecting a best-fit solution requires balancing needs, cost, and capability. Scrutinize your technology needs in relation to internal capability for a stronger selection and implementation approach.
- Prepare for success. Engage stakeholders who will be instrumental to the project, and equip them with effective tools and a proven way of using them to achieve the project vision.
- Structure your approach. Have the right tools at your disposal to garner tailored vendor responses, arrive at strong shortlists, and ready your stakeholder team to assess vendor demos to arrive at a suitable solution.
- Use case modeling. Use scenario-based pathways to navigate the vendor landscape, arriving at a selection that fits organizational goals, provides traceability, and prepares you for successful implementation.
- Choose the right vendor. Choose the right solution based on your requirements. Engage the vendor and implementation partners effectively to complete the implementation on time and on budget.
Talk to our analyst about this Research
Be recognized for your expertise! Participate in an expert interview with one of our analysts and we will showcase your contribution on our upcoming Info-Tech Client Hall Of Fame.
Each interview lasts approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour and provides you with the opportunity to share your best practices, opinions, tools or templates with your peers.