- Satisfaction with IT project outcomes is very low.
- Effective project management is critical yet organizations resist it.
- It seems excessively complex and many believe it requires high effort or expense.
Clear success criteria, a capable project manager, high level planning of activities and resources, and an active approach to managing progress are more important than formalized frameworks, certified project managers or complex software.
Impact and Result
This solution set will help you:
• Understand the Project Management Essentials.
• Implement the essentials to improve project success rate.
• Provide tools and templates for successful project planning, monitoring, and communication.
1. Understand the essentials
Improve project success with minimal pain or change.
2. Develop a project plan and track progress
Ensure adequate project progress tracking and accountability.
3. Conduct a project kick-off meeting
Ensure understanding of team member responsibilities to create consistent stakeholder expectations.
4. Manage progress and update plan
Ensure that the project progresses well.
5. Keep management informed
Ensure that the organization is ready to leverage the results.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.