THIS CONTENT IS OUT OF DATEThis content is retired but we have related up-to-date content below.
- Many organizations are looking at network access control (NAC) vendors to help secure their network.
- The rise of mobile devices and BYOD programs in the business has added new challenges to controlling the network.
- NAC vendors are marketing themselves as ready to meet these challenges, but not all of them have the specific functionality that makes their solutions ready for the modern network.
- This vendor landscape isolates key differentiators between vendors, and provides resources to help accelerate your selection process.
- The NAC market is rapidly evolving, and some advanced features differentiate between vendors. Look to these features, in addition to deployment options and price, to select a NAC solution that fits your needs.
- NAC solutions can come from infrastructure vendors, endpoint vendors, security vendors, or pure-play NAC vendors. Decide which type of vendor fits best with your current IT environment.
Impact and Result
- Understand the NAC market, and which vendors are staying competitive among rapidly changing enterprise networks.
- Quickly develop a shortlist of vendors that offer solutions covering the entire spectrum of NAC requirements.
- Be confident that the right potential partners are being considered to meet current and future NAC needs.
This guided implementation is a three call advisory process.
Call #1 - Shortlist Assistance and Requirements
Get off to a productive start: Discuss the market space and how vendors are evaluated. Decide which platform suits you best and narrow down the options based on customized requirements.
Call #2 - RFP and Budget Review
Interpret and act on RFP results: Review vendors’ RFPs and ensure the solution will meet your needs. Discuss average pricing of solutions and what can fit into your budget.
Call #3 - Negotiation and Contract Review
Purchase optimization: Review contracts and discuss best practices in negotiation tactics to get the best price for your solution.