Improve Value & Mitigate Risk through IT Governance
Take the guesswork out of IT decision-making.
- IT leaders are under considerable pressure to improve the business value of IT’s activities and decision-making. Clear IT investment and process goals, process measurement, repeatability and consistency, and compliance with internal corporate policies and external regulations are required to do so.
- IT struggles to get business support and involvement in IT governance issues.
- IT leaders must find ways to improve processes. These improvements require oversight and input from senior business and IT management to align IT decisions and activities with organizational goals to manage risk and deliver value.
- The business relies on IT to enable day-to-day operations and information access, yet less than 50% of senior management is involved in IT decision-making. IT stands alone when it comes to delivering IT value and decisions.
- Four major governance process areas (IT Investment, Project, Service Delivery, and Risk Management) are key to aligning IT decision-making, value delivery, and business strategy. Improving governance of these processes creates a culture of joint business and IT accountability for IT decision-making.
- IT leaders know improvements are needed, but they require tools and advice that will help them make the needed enhancements to critical decision-making processes.
Impact and Result
- Assess the organization’s ability to govern the four key process areas. IT leaders can determine where gaps exist, identify appropriate actions, create a roadmap for improving IT governance, and influence business decision makers to participate in IT governance.
- Identify the areas of greatest concern, as well as which process areas will benefit from better governance.
- Identify current governance structures for the four key governance process areas. Highlight gaps that exist between how IT decisions are made now and how they should be made.
- Create a roadmap to make the process improvements that will improve governance, provide better alignment with business goals, and enable better IT value delivery.
Implement IT Governance
Improve IT decision-making to justify IT investment and to achieve superior business results.
Assess implemented controls & checkpoints to ensure IT risk is understood and managed
Balance acceptable risk against expected value in all decisions related to IT activity.
Make joint IT/business decisions for prioritizing and allocating funding & resources to IT-enabled initiatives
Achieve maximum business value for discretionary IT investment.
Determine project progress, when to proceed through gates, and corrective actions for escalated issues
Improve project success through effective mitigation of issues and risks.
Evaluate system performance metrics & customer feedback to decide where to improve IT service
Ensure IT services are business-focused, reliable, and cost effective.