Master the Art of Stakeholder Management in Small Enterprise Environments
IT today is more about managing people than technology.
- IT hasn’t taken into account critical stakeholders and their concerns and preferences as they plan projects or operate on daily business.
- It is difficult to tailor communication and messaging to all of the different personal and professional styles and motivations of stakeholders.
- Access to stakeholders and getting an accurate understanding of their needs and concerns regarding IT can be difficult to obtain.
- Small enterprises have an advantage in stakeholder management. Less people and fewer barriers create opportunities for more productive interactions and stronger relationships.
- The guiding principles for effective stakeholder management are common concepts, but unfortunately not common practice.
- By stepping back and taking the time to thoughtfully consider the dynamics and needs of important IT stakeholders, you will be better able to position yourself and your department.
Impact and Result
- Info-Tech’s guiding principles provide clear and feasible recommendations for how to incorporate stakeholder management into daily interactions.
- This blueprint’s guidance will enable IT leaders to tailor communication and interactions that will enable them to build stronger and more meaningful relationships with stakeholders.
- Following this approach and its guiding principles will make IT projects be more successful by reducing their risk of failure due to issues of buy-in, misunderstanding of priorities, or a lack of support from critical stakeholders.
Master the Art of Stakeholder Management in Small Enterprise Environments Research & Tools
Use Info-Tech’s approach to stakeholder management to guide you in building stronger and more beneficial relationships, review Info-Tech’s methodology, and understand the four ways we can support you in completing this project.
1. Identify stakeholders
Determine the stakeholders for an IT department of a singular initiative.
2. Analyze stakeholders
Use the guidance of this section to analyze stakeholders on both a professional and personal level.
3. Manage stakeholders
Use Info-Tech’s guiding principles of stakeholder management to direct how to best engage key stakeholders.
4. Review case studies
Use real-life experiences from Info-Tech’s analysts to understand how to use and apply stakeholder management techniques.