- IT hasn’t taken into account critical stakeholders and their concerns and preferences as they plan projects or operate on daily business.
- It is difficult to tailor communication and messaging to all of the different personal and professional styles and motivations of stakeholders.
- Access to stakeholders and getting an accurate understanding of their needs and concerns regarding IT can be difficult to obtain.
- Small enterprises have an advantage in stakeholder management. Less people and fewer barriers create opportunities for more productive interactions and stronger relationships.
- The guiding principles for effective stakeholder management are common concepts, but unfortunately not common practice.
- By stepping back and taking the time to thoughtfully consider the dynamics and needs of important IT stakeholders, you will be better able to position yourself and your department.
Impact and Result
- Info-Tech’s guiding principles provide clear and feasible recommendations for how to incorporate stakeholder management into daily interactions.
- This blueprint’s guidance will enable IT leaders to tailor communication and interactions that will enable them to build stronger and more meaningful relationships with stakeholders.
- Following this approach and its guiding principles will make IT projects be more successful by reducing their risk of failure due to issues of buy-in, misunderstanding of priorities, or a lack of support from critical stakeholders.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.