- The growth of the Cloud and the evolution of business operations have shown that traditional testing strategies do not work well with modern applications.
- Organizations require a new framework around testing cloud applications that account for on-demand scalability and self-provisioning.
- Expectations of application consumers are continually increasing with speed-to-market and quality being the norm.
- Cloud technology does not change the traditional testing processes that many organizations have accepted and adopted. It does, however, enhance traditional practices with increased replication capacity, execution speed, and compatibility through its virtual infrastructure and automated processes. Consider these factors when developing the cloud testing strategy.
- Involving the business in strategy development will keep them engaged and align business drivers with technical initiatives.
- Implement cloud testing solutions in a well-defined rollout process to ensure business objectives are realized and cloud testing initiatives are optimized.
- Cloud testing is green and dynamic. Realize the limitations of cloud testing and play on its strengths.
Impact and Result
- Engaging in a formal and standardized cloud testing strategy and consistently meeting business needs throughout the organization maintains business buy-in.
- The Cloud compounds the benefits from virtualization and automation because of the Cloud’s scalability, speed, and off-premise and virtual infrastructure and data storage attributes.
- Cloud testing presents a new testing avenue. Realize that only certain tests are optimized in the Cloud, i.e., load, stress, and functional testing.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.
After each Info-Tech experience, we ask our members to quantify the real time savings, monetary impact, and project improvements our research helped them achieve. See our top member experiences for this Blueprint, and what our clients have to say.