Improve Information Security Practices in the Small Enterprise
Create a realistic security plan that manages the threats of today and tomorrow.
- Small enterprises are common targets of cyber-attacks due to their size and security practices.
- Security is not commonly viewed on a strategic level and is generally centered around technical protection measures.
- Firefighting IT practices cause security planning and capabilities to not address critical vulnerabilities and threats to the organization's information.
- It is difficult to keep protection measures up to date and adequate against external threats that are increasing in volume, intelligence, and complexity.
An overwhelming amount of small businesses believe that they do not need security because they have nothing worth stealing. This could not be farther from the truth. In fact, over 90% of data breaches impact small businesses.
Impact and Result
- Support IT in better protecting the organization’s information.
- Improve the organization’s awareness, communication, and plans for information security.
- Enable IT leaders to build an information security strategy that balances business needs with the risks from the external threat landscape.
Find out why you should develop an information security strategy, review Info-Tech’s methodology, and understand the four ways we can support you in completing this project.
Determine current and target states
Assess current security capabilities and create a vision for your future security program.
Develop improvement plans
Construct initiatives that will bridge the gap between current practices and your target capability goals.
Create and communicate the roadmap
Finalize your security program strategy and roadmap and determine how you are going to communicate and execute on your plans.