- J.D. Lester, Sr. Director of Human Resources, Citizens Property Insurance Corporation
- Hannah Barkley, Human Resources Manager, Ross Video
- Laura Hastings, VP HR & Organizational Development, Rhapsody International Inc.
- Michael Gokey, Training Program Manager
- Sheila Plymale, HR Manager, Shelia Plymale
- Cathy Campbell, Organizational Development Consultant, City of Mississauga
- Julie Webb, Director, Human Resources and Training, Monarch HealthCare
- Managers don’t always have time to work on development planning, causing employees to feel under-appreciated and disengaged. In McLean & Company’s engagement survey, only 50% of employees felt they were encouraged to pursue their career development.
- Often, when managers think about development planning, they think about it from a formal training perspective and don’t always consider the many other more effective, on-the-job forms of development.
- Engage your employees to own their career development with managers providing guidance and support.
- Employee development is not a once-a-year discussion, it must be ongoing throughout the year with monthly check-in meetings to review goals and provide feedback and coaching.
- Employees must own the process with their managers providing support and guidance.
- Having employees and managers working together on development initiatives will increase employee engagement and empower your employees.
- Effective development benefits all stakeholders, not just employees and managers. It leads to increased organizational revenue due to improved employee performance and assists with succession planning by identifying future leaders.
- Using on-the-job training reduces costs associated with sending employees to external training programs and results in more successful development outcomes.
Impact and Result
- Increase employee engagement scores.
- Decrease employee turnover.
- Gain higher productivity and a more engaged workforce.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.