A culture of "diversity in and by design," of collaboration and openness, is the best way to prevent and address machine bias. While building such culture, you should treat machine bias as enterprise risk. This phase will take you through the following activities:
- Understand four principles of organizational design to create a culture for effective prevention and mitigation of machine biases.
- Understand what to ask of suppliers of AI services.
- Learn why you should be transparent with your customers.
- Learn about and complete a bias risk assessment for a selected project.
- Understand why machine biases should be treated as enterprise risk and included in enterprise risk management (ERM).
- Create a risk mitigation plan for an AI application/project.
Use this phase as part of the full blueprint, Mitigate Machine Bias.