In today’s organizations, the demand for new products and enhancements, and the appetite to approve more and more projects for those products and services, far outstrip IT’s ability to realistically deliver on everything. This phase will take you through the following activities:
- Explicitly examine the current distribution of accountabilities in resource management, and learn why this is important.
- Examine the root causes underlying the pain points experienced in resource management.
- Create a realistic estimate of project capacity.
- Map all sources of demand on resources at a high level.
- Validate your supply and demand assumptions by directly surveying your resources.
Use this phase as part of the full blueprint, Balance Supply and Demand with Realistic Resource Management Practices.