Select and Implement a Next Generation Firewall
Reduce security management complexity through consolidated solutions.
Without an NGFW solution, an organization runs the following risks:
- Staying with outdated firewall solutions that are not equipped to deal with today’s versatile threats.
- Lacking a consolidated solution with central management capabilities to allow for better resource management and improved monitoring.
Implementing an NGFW solution results in:
- A centrally managed, consolidated security solution that not only inspects your network, but also up the OSI stack.
- Improved security posture through advanced features like advanced malware protection.
- Improved visibility with multiple dashboard options to offer details and connections between the solution’s many features.
Module 1: Launch the NGFW Project
- Understand the NGFW marketspace.
- Plan the NGFW procurement process.
- Identify the use-case scenarios that align with your NGFW requirements.
- Determine baseline metrics to evaluate the solution’s effectiveness.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Awareness of the options that exist and where the market is going with respect to NGFW solutions.
- A formally documented procurement process that will keep tasks on track as individuals are aware of roles, responsibilities, deadlines, etc.
- A focus on the use-case scenario that applies to your organization.
- Assessment of your NGFW solution based on concrete metrics that matter.
|1.1||Discuss the current NGFW market.||
|1.2||Determine if an NGFW solution is right for you.||
|1.3||Develop the NGFW procurement charter.||
|1.4||Identify your best-fit use-case scenario.||
|1.5||Brainstorm baseline metrics and target goals to gauge the solution’s effectiveness.||
Module 2: Select Your NGFW Solution
- Review the vendor profiles to understand strengths, weaknesses, and challenges.
- Customize the RFP to submit to vendors.
- Ensure vendor demos focus on the features you care about, rather than simply highlighting their strengths.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Selection of a solution that meets your requirements and fulfills your specific needs.
- Time saved during RFP development to produce the statement of work, scope of work, requirements, budget & estimated pricing, etc.
- Realistic view of the products performing relevant tasks.
|2.1||Analyze the vendor landscape.||
|2.2||Create a custom vendor shortlist.||
|2.3||Develop an RFP.||
|2.4||Standardize a vendor demo script.||