Understand Common IT Contract Provisions to Negotiate More Effectively
Avoid the pitfalls and gotchas lurking in the shadows!Book This Workshop
Failure to understand common IT contract provisions subjects a reviewer to:
- Unnecessary or surprise payment obligations
- An inability to terminate the contract when appropriate
- Vague obligations and responsibilities for the customer
- Focusing on the wrong issues when negotiating
Understanding contract language allows for:
- Improved communication with Legal and the vendor
- Increased awareness of potential risks
- Avoidance of potentially ambiguous commitments by the vendor
- Increased accountability from the vendor
Book Your Workshop
Onsite Workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn’t enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our Project Workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a road map in place to complete your project successfully.Book Now
Module 1: Assess Contract Terms and Conditions
- Understand IT contract clauses, improve risk identification, and be more effective at negotiating contract terms.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Increased awareness of how contract provisions relate to each other.
- Demystification of legalese and legal concepts.
- Increased ability to seek assistance from internal parties (e.g. Legal, Risk, and Procurement).
|1.1||Review the Contract Review Tool.||
|1.2||Review the Contract Playbook template.||
|1.3||Review 35 contract provisions and reinforce key learnings with exercises (spread across three days)||