Prepare for Your Tribal Nation’s IT Organizational Design
Identify context and develop foundational knowledge around IT organizational design.
Tribal nations face common challenges around IT organizational design.
- Common challenges that tribal nations face around IT organizational design include regulatory, environmental, economic, and political influences.
- Too often, IT organizational placement and design is not a conscious decision but an operating environment that developed over periods of rapid growth and change.
- IT organizations that are not well-placed or well-designed find it more difficult to achieve and sustain peak performance and reach maximum levels of maturity.
This workshop will walk you through strategic decision-making topics to explore and document before the IT placement and organization design process.
- Identify and document rules, regulations, and compacts that influence the IT organization’s current state and differentiate between actual and perceived influencing forces.
- Explore and document key areas of focus for IT organization placement and design within your unique tribal nation.
- Analyze key areas of focus against the IT organization’s current state and gain an understanding of the implications for IT organization placement and design.
Module 1: Understand Tribal Nation Context Around IT Organizational Design
- To understand the tribal nation context around IT organizational design.
Key Benefits Achieved
- A heightened understanding of the business implications on IT organizational design.
|1.1||Document influencing forces.||
|1.2||Explore unique considerations.||
|1.3||Document tribal nation implications on IT.||
|1.4||Complete stakeholder power map and draft authority matrix.||
Module 2: Analyze and Communicate Tribal Nation IT Organizational Foundational Knowledge
- Key areas of focus play a vital role in determining the potential value and impact of your tribal nation’s IT organizational design.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Define and document key areas of focus for your tribal nation’s IT placement and design.
- Leverage these areas of focus in decision making and communicating to IT and throughout your tribal nation to strengthen your rationale for moving forward.
|2.1||Define key areas of focus.||
|2.2||Understand the operating model context.||
|2.3||Finalize authority matrix.||
|2.4||Create communication plan.||