Optimize Existing Applications for Security in an Untrusted World
Inject application security practices into development and maintenance cycles.
Existing applications need more security because:
- Attacks are becoming more frequent and sophisticated. This means each single event could be one part of a larger incident that requires a fast and coordinated response.
- New technologies and the continued expansion of the enterprise environment only mean that the number of breach entry points will increase.
- Legacy applications and closed source environments may prohibit layered security increasing the risk profile.
An optimized application security strategy will help your organization:
- Keep up with new security threats and speed up the response time.
- Minimize total cost of breach by being proactive instead of reactive.
- Establish knowledge base of internal security problems, vulnerabilities, and exploits.
- Achieve alignment with internal security obligations for risk mitigation and asset protection.
Module 1: Map the Applications at Risk
- Determine and map applications that are important to the business
- Identify security gaps
- Fill security gaps
Key Benefits Achieved
- Creation of relevant applications to consider
- Determination of security gaps for current implementation and subsequent injection into app dev process
- Optimization of budget to fix security gaps
|1.1||Identify valuable applications||
|1.2||Draw data flow of applications||
|1.3||Assess data flows for security gaps||
|1.4||Gauge impact of security gaps||
|1.5||Select secure application activities to fill the gaps||
|1.6||Prepare for rollout and monitoring||