Improve Your Statements of Work to Hold Your Vendors Accountable
Identify and reduce performance risk before you execute your next SOW.
Without the right approach to reviewing SOWs, the customer can end up with a failed project:
- The customer is sold an outcome or result, but the SOW provided by the vendor is for tasks and activities.
- The customer pays for a useless solution or partial solution.
- The customer spends more money than originally planned due to cost overruns and rework to get the project completed.
Utilizing the Info-Tech framework and tools to review SOWs can improve your next SOW:
- Identify and mitigate performance risk.
- Avoid pricing surprises.
- Hold the vendor accountable for its performance.
Module 1: Assess SOW Terms and Conditions
Gain a better understanding of common SOW clauses and phrases.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Reduce risk
- Increase vendor accountability
- Improve negotiation positions
|1.1||Review sample SOW provisions, identify the risks, and develop a negotiation position.||
|1.2||Review Info-Tech tools.||