Implement Your Negotiation Strategy More Effectively
Better implementation leads to better outcomes.
Negotiating with vendors can be difficult:
- Negotiation preparations, plans, and strategies can be undone during negotiations.
- Vendors may have dedicated negotiation teams or teams with more experience.
- Success is often measured in a binary fashion only – did we sign the agreement or not?
Negotiation skills and outcomes can be improved:
- Costs and risk can be reduced.
- More negotiation objectives can be achieved.
- The degree of success can be quantified.
- Vendor relationships can be enhanced.
Module 1: 12 Steps to Better Negotiation Preparation
- Improve negotiation skills and outcomes.
- Understand how to use the Info-Tech During Negotiations Tool.
Key Benefits Achieved
- A better understanding of the subtleties of the negotiation process and an identification of where the negotiation strategy can go awry.
- The During Negotiation Tool will be reviewed and configured for the customer’s environment (as applicable).
|1.1||Manage six key items during the negotiation process.||
|1.2||Set the right tone and environment for the negotiation.||
|1.3||Focus on improving three categories of intangibles.||
|1.4||Improve communication skills to improve negotiation skills.||
|1.5||Customize your negotiation approach to interact with different personality traits and styles.||
|1.6||Maximize the value of your discussions by focusing on seven components.||
|1.7||Understand the value of impasses and deadlocks and how to work through them.||
|1.8||Use concessions as part of your negotiation strategy.||
|1.9||Identify and defeat common vendor negotiation ploys.||
|1.10||Review progress and determine next steps.||