Select and Implement an ESB Solution
Bring order to the chaos of your system traffic by implementing an Enterprise Service Bus.
Not investing in an ESB will cause the organization to:
- Waste resource time and energy fixing brittle point-to-point connections
- Struggle to manage the messages flowing between applications
- Be unable to access accurate data in a timely fashion
Implementation of an ESB into an application environment will:
- Create an integration environment that is easier to manage
- Enable the integration environment to scale to accommodate changes in messaging volumes and new technologies
- Support new use cases for application and system integration
Module 1: Launch an ESB Selection Project
- Identify the benefits and fit for ESB technology for the organization.
- Create the project plan for an ESB selection project.
- Conduct an inventory of the organization’s integration environment.
- Evaluate architecture needs and make critical architecture decisions.
- Identify ESB and integration use cases for the organization.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Objectives for an ESB solution.
- Case for an investment in ESB technology.
- Project plan.
- Identification of roles and responsibilities.
- Mapping of integrations and documentation of services.
- Creation of architecture and governance guiding principles for an ESB.
- Architecture Reference Model.
- Identification of ESB use cases.
|1.1||Plan the steps and components of an ESB procurement project||
|1.2||Evaluate the integration environment of the organization||
|1.3||Make critical architecture decisions||
|1.4||Model a reference architecture||
|1.5||Evaluate ESB use cases||
Module 2: Plan the Procurement and Implementation Process
- Review the ESB Vendor Landscape vendor profiles and performance.
- Take the information from your inventory assessment and architecture evaluation to create the requirements for your ESB RFP and evaluation process.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Strong understanding of the ESB market (vendor offerings and functionality).
- Requirements package that aligns with the business’s environment and future needs.
|2.1||Evaluate the ESB market||
|2.2||Identify the business’s ESB requirements||
|2.3||Plan next steps in the procurement process||