Identify and Reduce Agile Contract Risk
Discover the differences between Agile and non-Agile contracts and how to protect yourself.
Failure to understand the differences between Agile contract provisions and traditional or waterfall contract provisions subjects a reviewer/negotiator to:
- Unnecessary or surprise payment obligations.
- An inability to terminate the contract when appropriate.
- A lack of a meeting of the minds.
- Focusing on the wrong issues when negotiating.
Understanding what provisions to focus on for an Agile contract allows for:
- Better flexibility for the customer.
- Increased awareness of potential risks.
- Avoiding contracts full of Agile buzzwords without employing actual Agile principles.
- Creating an Agile work environment for the project.
Module 1: Identify and Evaluate Options
To understand Agile-specific contract clauses, to improve risk identification, and to be more effective at negotiating Agile contract terms.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Increased awareness of how Agile contract provisions are different from traditional or waterfall contracts in 12 key areas.
- Understanding available options.
- Understanding the impact of being too prescriptive.
|1.1||Review the Agile Contract Playbook-Checklist.||
|1.2||Review 12 contract provisions and reinforce key learnings with exercises.||