Develop an IT Asset Management Strategy
Define your business-aligned approach to ITAM.
IT asset management is a challenge for your organization:
- The data you have is often incomplete or wrong.
- Processes are broken or non-existent.
- Your tools aren’t up to the task of tracking ever more hardware, software, and relevant metadata.
- The role of stakeholders outside the core ITAM team isn’t well defined or understood.
Use our practical methodology and facilitator support to:
- Develop an approach and strategy for ITAM that is sustainable and aligned with your business priorities.
- Clarify the structure for the ITAM program, including scope, responsibility and accountability, centralization vs decentralization, outsourcing vs insourcing, and more.
- Create a practical roadmap to guide improvement.
Module 1: Identify ITAM Priorities & Goals, Maturity, Metrics and KPIs
- Align key stakeholders to the potential strategic value of the IT asset management practice.
- Ensure the ITAM practice is focused on business-aligned goals.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Define a business-aligned direction and expected outcomes for your ITAM program.
|1.1||Brainstorm ITAM opportunities and challenges.||
|1.2||Conduct an executive alignment working session.||
|1.3||Set ITAM priorities, goals and tactics.||
|1.4||Identify target and current state ITAM maturity.||
Module 2: Identify Your Approach to Support ITAM Priorities and Goals
- Translate goals into specific and coherent actions to enable your ITAM practice to deliver business value.
Key Benefits Achieved
- A business-aligned approach to ITAM, encompassing scope, structure, tools, audits, budgets, documentation and more.
- A high-level roadmap to achieve your vision for the ITAM practice.
|2.1||Define ITAM scope.||
|2.2||Acquire ITAM services (outsourcing and contracting).||
|2.3||Centralize or decentralize ITAM capabilities.||
|2.4||Create a RACI for the ITAM practice.||
|2.5||Align ITAM with other service management practices.||
|2.6||Evaluate ITAM tools and integrations.||
|2.7||Create a plan for internal and external audits.||
|2.8||Improve your budget processes.||
|2.9||Establish a documentation framework.||
|2.10||Create a roadmap and communication plan.||