Comprehensive software reviews to make better IT decisions
Zerto Enhanced Azure Integration to Achieve Lower RTOs and Less Overhead
Zerto has enhanced its Azure integration to reduce RTOs and potential cost. Specifically, Zerto’s latest release leverages Azure’s native Virtual Machine Scale-Sets to:
- Reduce compute overhead required for the Zerto Cloud Appliance (ZCA) which manages the data replication to/from a cloud environment.
- Speed up recovery through better integration with native Azure functionality, which means lower achievable RTOs.
- Minimize Azure compute costs. Zerto VM instances created during the recovery processes are removed when the failover is completed.
The Zerto-Azure enhancements build on Zerto’s existing ability to support cloud-based DR and migrations:
- Execute DR to or from an Azure environment (e.g. on-prem to Azure, or Azure to on-prem).
- Execute DR from one Azure region to another. Cloud services have outages too, and the ability to failover from one region to another provides the same geo-diversity you would expect for your on-prem or co-lo environment.
- Mitigate the risk of vendor or platform lock-in by enabling workloads to migrate from one cloud environment to another.
Zerto’s broad support of cloud DR and migration requirements matches the journey many organizations are following; e.g. start by using cloud for DR, move on to using cloud for production, implement DR for production cloud environments…and avoid cloud vendor lock-in along the way.
Want to Know More?
Acronis Offers a Unique Endpoint Protection and Data Recovery Package Tailored for the Small to Medium-Sized Business
Acronis hopes to overtake many competitors in the data recovery and endpoint protection solution space by forging partnerships with many MSSPs and appealing to the SMB market. The company has doubled down by hiring the former CEO of GoDaddy, who is committed to reinvesting in its technology and increasing and improving its product line.
Backup and recovery operations was once a set-it-and-forget it design architecture with a static reference architecture. Then along came the cloud, disrupting everything about how data is stored and processed. Now, more than ever, organizations are looking for their solution providers to lean in and help them navigate the shifting tides of “cloud backup.”
With lots of functionality being provisioned/deployed at the tenant level, Microsoft is happy to sit back for now, watch, and start auditing in the future.
More than ever, cybersecurity solutions are core to any MSPs offering. No longer should technology service providers be farming this out to dedicated security providers. Trust and peace of mind are the core tenets of what they are selling and solutions like Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud can provide the platform upon which to deliver on those promises.
The reality of our new world is finally sinking in, with COVID-19 sprawling across the globe. The actions you take now will determine how well organizations will weather this economic shutdown.
Veeam to be acquired by Insight Partners for US$5 billion: On January 9, 2020, Veeam announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement of purchase with Insight Partners.
Zerto 7.5 adds support for Azure Active Directory Managed Service Identity (MSI), which simplifies authentication to Azure services while improving security.
Quest Software’s NetVault Backup v12.4 release adds support for OneDrive to its existing Office 365 (O365) backup capabilities, enabling its customers to better align backup strategy to business requirements, and helping Quest Software keep up with other O365 backup offerings.
Veeam has rolled out new backup features that integrate with Amazon S3 to help users save on storage costs for their backups. This tech is some serious secret sauce.