Comprehensive software reviews to make better IT decisions
The Four Levels of Data Analytics and Why They Matter for Recruiting
As recruiting moves away from "gut feeling" hiring to data-driven decision making, leading players are beginning to offer analytics solutions, but how should hiring managers best make use of them?
iCIMS, Lever, Bullhorn, Hyrell, and many others offer analytics capabilities in addition to basic candidate management. In fact, an entire candidate assessment field exists to make this process faster and more accurate.
There are four levels of analytics that hiring managers need to be aware of:
- Descriptive: What is happening? E.g. are we hiring more men than women?
- Diagnostic: Why is it happening? E.g. what qualifications are common among the employees hired in the past year that have done well vs. ones that have not?
- Predictive: What is likely to happen in the future? E.g. how likely is a particular candidate to accept the job offer?
- Prescriptive: What should we do about it? E.g. what is the best way to entice a candidate to accept an offer?
When used purposefully, data analytics in recruiting is a win-win for both the employer and the candidate. A streamlined search and hiring process, as well as a better fit between candidate and organization, means better-performing, happier employees.
Source: SoftwareReviews, Report Published July 2019
- The use of analytics in talent recruitment is on the rise.
- Different levels of analytics provide varying degrees of insight.
- Analytics should be used purposefully to be worth the investment.
- Proper use of analytics benefits both organization and candidate.
Breezy HR has made video assessment and interviewing tools free for business clients for a minimum of 60 days, in light of efforts to prevent COVID-19 pandemic spread.
What is changing in the HR technology space as a result of COVID-19? Some organizations are seeing an uptick in interest and customer support, while others are providing free access to their product.
Bullhorn, a cloud-based staffing and recruiting solution provider, has acquired Erecruiter, an applicant tracking and pay and bill software company.
The Jobvite Platform, made up of Jobvite Refer, Engage, Hire, and Video, is a comprehensive recruitment solution focusing on sourcing, hiring, and onboarding talent.
JazzHR, an application tracking solution provider, and Planted, Inc., a smart career platform, have partnered to streamline the recruiting process for mutual customers.
iCIMS, Inc. has released the results of a survey of 500 IT and HR leaders, highlighting current trends in hiring software solution selection and implementation.
Zinc, a blockchain-based automated reference checking service provider, has announced integration with SmartRecruiters, an applicant tracking system provider.
Bullhorn, an applicant tracking system (ATS) solution provider, has announced an improvement to its existing vendors management system (VMS) Sync offering with the deployment of "closed-loop VMS-ATS integration" that automates the transfer of candidate information from the ATS back into the VMS.
Talview, an artificial intelligence (AI) HR tech startup, has announced that it has raised $6.75 million to build Instahiring, a new AI-enhanced recruitment platform promising to slash time to hire.