Comprehensive software reviews to make better IT decisions
Allscripts Buys Prescription Drug Start-Up
Allscripts, a major player in the medical software space, has acquired the prescription management start-up ZappRx.
- Allscripts will include ZappRx software’s functionality in a new update to its Veradigm platform.
- ZappRx is a cloud-based system that specializes in speeding up the time it takes for a patient to access complex and high cost prescriptions (specialty medicine), after they are prescribed.
- Veradigm aims to improve a practice’s workflows. The platform focuses on delivering data insights to providers at the point-of-care to improve reporting and process efficiencies.
- The ZappRx deal reportedly closed for under $40 million.
- The ZappRx acquisition is likely a response to Amazon’s acquisition of PillPack, a $753 million prescription management start-up. PillPack and Amazon are in the process of building out physical pharmacies. PillPack’s vertically integrated business model threatens the position of pharmacy benefit managers who act as middlepersons between practitioners and patients. Once massive companies like Amazon started to shake up the prescription software and distribution space, veteran players have to adapt or get pushed aside. Therefore, Allscripts is making moves to stay relevant in a marketplace that is rapidly changing.
Want to Know More?
On February 24-25, 2021, Zoho held its annual ZohoDay – a conference aimed at communicating the state of the business and product roadmaps. The event coincided with Zoho’s 25th year as a company, testament to Zoho’s long-term business approach: grow organically, have zero debt, zero external investments, remain cashflow positive, and plow cashflow back into the business and customers.
On February 22, 2021, Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise (ALE) released its Q4 report. While overall global revenues were down on last year’s Q4, ALE’s cloud-based solutions continued to surge. These surges are in part explained by mid- to large-sized organizations beginning significant investments to prepare for a post-pandemic world.
These are the trends we predict will be most important is it relates to Enterprise Architecture in 2021.
On December 8, Masergy – a software defined networking services company – briefed Info-Tech on its UCaaS solution. Masergy UCaaS is built on the Cisco collaboration platform, providing a value-added service through Masergy’s SD-WAN solution and Secure Edge Network.
On December 1, Twilio – a cloud communications platform – briefed Info-Tech on its contact center as a service (CCaaS) solution, Flex.
On December 1, Zendesk – a global customer service software company – briefed Info-Tech on its contact center as a service (CCaaS) solution, Zendesk Talk.
On January 14, Revation Systems – a provider of cloud-based compliant messaging and communications – briefed Info-Tech on its unified communications as a service (UCaaS) solution, LinkLive. LinkLive encompasses several UCaaS solutions that are primarily aimed at industries with high security and compliance requirements. These industries especially include banking and healthcare.
Transparency, explainability, and trust are pressing topics in AI/ML today. While much has been written about why these are important and what organizations should do, no tools to help implement these principles have existed – until now.
In the market for software? Learn why it's important to have multiple vendors at the negotiation table.