Comprehensive software reviews to make better IT decisions
Allscripts Buys Prescription Drug Start-Up
Allscripts, a major player in the medical software space, has acquired the prescription management start-up ZappRx.
- Allscripts will include ZappRx software’s functionality in a new update to its Veradigm platform.
- ZappRx is a cloud-based system that specializes in speeding up the time it takes for a patient to access complex and high cost prescriptions (specialty medicine), after they are prescribed.
- Veradigm aims to improve a practice’s workflows. The platform focuses on delivering data insights to providers at the point-of-care to improve reporting and process efficiencies.
- The ZappRx deal reportedly closed for under $40 million.
- The ZappRx acquisition is likely a response to Amazon’s acquisition of PillPack, a $753 million prescription management start-up. PillPack and Amazon are in the process of building out physical pharmacies. PillPack’s vertically integrated business model threatens the position of pharmacy benefit managers who act as middlepersons between practitioners and patients. Once massive companies like Amazon started to shake up the prescription software and distribution space, veteran players have to adapt or get pushed aside. Therefore, Allscripts is making moves to stay relevant in a marketplace that is rapidly changing.
Want to Know More?
At its fifth annual Zoomtopia conference, Zoom announced a wide range of innovations and upcoming products, including feature improvements for Zoom’s core videoconferencing platform; expansions for Zoom Phone and Zoom Events; and the introduction of Zoom’s Video Engagement Center.
Five9’s CX Summit for 2021 hosted events and interactive sessions that explored best practices for using Five9 as well as an outline of Five9’s roadmap for the coming year. Of special focus was Five9’s projected investments in voice technologies for the contact center.
John Aniano, Senior Vice President of Product in CRM applications at Zendesk, sat down with Info-Tech to discuss the current state of the contact center as a service (CCaaS) market space and Zendesk’s position in that space.
On August 24, 2021, Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise briefed its Q2 performance for FY21. Q2 saw positive revenue growth of 11.4% YoY, delivering 20% against the previous year.
Is there anything wrong with referring to your third-party relationships as partners? The debate by customers has been going on for decades with great passion in both camps: Yes, it’s okay vs. No, it’s not!
Backup and recovery operations was once a set-it-and-forget it design architecture with a static reference architecture. Then along came the cloud, disrupting everything about how data is stored and processed. Now, more than ever, organizations are looking for their solution providers to lean in and help them navigate the shifting tides of “cloud backup.”
On July 7, 2021, TCN briefed Info-Tech on its continued growth, Experian partnership, and CCaaS platform TCN Operator.
The concept of building a software factory has increased in popularity with the drive to build digital platforms, products, and services. It is also a major transformation from traditional, hands-on-keyboards software development practices in and of itself. Before you build your software factory make sure you have a firm foundation for success!
On June 3, 2021, BlueJeans provided an update on its product direction for 2H 2021. BlueJeans is now fully integrated with Verizon One, completing Verizon’s full UCaaS solution.