- Difficult conversations can be hard to approach as they cover workplace conflicts and topics such as delivering bad news, apologizing, asking for something, and discussing sensitive subjects.
- Managers, like any other employee, sometimes avoid these difficult conversations because they do not have the confidence, experience, or methodology to approach them effectively and with confidence.
- Avoiding difficult conversations can negatively impact employee productivity and engagement, costing the organization thousands of dollars.
- Getting comfortable facing difficult conversations and handling them effectively starts with understanding the keys to successful conflict resolution and continues with support from peers, HR, and the organization.
- The McLean & Company Difficult Conversations E.A.S.E. framework can help you through a challenging conversation by guiding you through the appropriate pre-work, engaging the employee in conversation, absorbing the employee’s point of view, sharing your own perspective, and ending the conversation with actionable next steps and follow-up.
Impact and Result
- Decrease avoidance of difficult conversations and stop freezing and giving in when it comes to facing them.
- Increase your success rate with handling a difficult conversation.
- Save the organization on the costs from avoidance which can range from $100 to $50,000 dollars per conversation depending on the topic.
This content is exclusive to members.
Get instant access by signing up!