- Helping employees navigate personal and business responsibilities to find solutions that ensure both are taken care of.
- Reducing potential disruption to business operations through employee absenteeism due to increased care-provider responsibilities.
- Remote work is complicated by children at home with school closures. Implement alternative temporary work arrangements that allow and support employees to balance work and personal obligations.
- Adjustments to work arrangements and pay may be necessary. Temporary work arrangements while caring for dependents over a longer-term pandemic may require adjustments to the duties carried out, number of hours worked, and adjustments to employee pay.
- Managing remotely is more than staying in touch by phone. As a leader you will need to provide clear options that provide solutions to your employees to avoid them getting overwhelmed while taking care of the business to ensure there is a business long term.
Impact and Result
- Develop a policy that provides parameters around mutually agreed adjustments to performance levels while balancing dependent care with work during a pandemic.
- Take care of the business through clear guidelines on compensation while taking care of the health and wellness of your people.
- Develop detailed work-from-home plans that lessen disruption to your work while taking care of children or aged parents.
This content is exclusive to members.
Get instant access by signing up!