- Ineffective requirements are a primary cause of failed projects and, as a result, wasted time and money for the organization.
- Not only must an organization effectively gather requirements, but it must also spend the time to create a unified set of standard operating procedures, a process which is often overlooked within a small enterprise environment.
- Both time and resourcing constraints play a large role in the small enterprise’s ability to effectively gather requirements and create a standard, repeatable process for the future.
- By focusing on the “must haves” of requirements, the business develops a clear picture of the inputs necessary to help carry out successful projects.
- An effective requirements gathering process is one that’s documented, revised, and properly governed by the IT organization on an on-going basis to reflect the changing nature of the business and IT.
Impact and Result
This blueprint will help you:
- Identify the critical success factors (CSFs) involved in requirements gathering and determine how the CSFs fit within your organization's environment.
- Effectively elicit, analyze, and validate requirements.
- Create a governance structure and communication plan to introduce the requirements gathering process to the live IT environment.
- Drive efficiency in preparation for project initiation.
Talk to an Analyst
Our analyst calls are focused on helping our members use the research we produce, and our experts will guide you to successful project completion.
Book an Analyst Call on this topic.
You can start as early as tomorrow morning. Our analysts will explain the process in your first call.
Get advice from a subject matter expert.
Each call will focus on explaining the material and helping you to plan your project, interpret and analyze the results of each project step, and setting the direction for your next project step.